Last week B thoughtfully laid down his everyday carry (or EDC). Men have the luxury of carrying three essential things (keys, wallet, phone) everyday, while girls usually carry a bag(s) full of things just in case we might need it, myself included. (You never know when you'll need that smashed emergency granola bar.) This inspired me to clean out my Madewell tote and be more intentional about what's inside. I've been carrying this tote for almost a year and it has stored many things including school supplies, road trip essentials, résumés, many snacks, and many journals. I decided it was time to give my tote, and arm, a rest and only carry my essential things. Although I'd prefer to only carry a clutch throughout the day, I never go anywhere without several writing tools and my notebook. So, to keep me organized, I store all of my smaller essentials in a smaller pouch inside my tote. I'm always happier when things are well organized. Here are a few key items I can't go a day without:
- Warby Parker's Downing sunglasses and Warby Parker's Colton glasses (similar here)
- Apple USB to lighting cable - I never leave the house without one in case of power emergencies.
- Kaweco Classic Sport with a Medium nib
- Hi-Tec C 0.3 or 0.4 - This is my everyday pen. It is extremely fine and I can write extremely tiny with it.
- Daily wear includes a Madewell bangle (similar), a skinny gold knuckle ring (which I purchased in town from Olive) , and my CG stamped Moulton Hex Cuff. I wear all three of these pieces everyday and I feel strange when I am missing them.
- iPhone 6.
- Baron Fig Confidant, which is my journal, my sketchbook, and the place I collect my thoughts.
- Rosebud Salve
- my keys
Add in a morning coffee, a water bottle, or maybe a snack, and I'm ready to go.
In the future I hope to find a way to be only carrying a clutch, but for now I'll keep schlepping. (A word I learned from my Aunt Linda; every time I say it I giggle.)