My mind didn't stop to focus on one thing today. Maybe because it's Monday or because I felt sad some of today. For whatever reason, I have been chaos from the neck up. Instead of a streamlined message for today’s post, I want to share my chaos.
Today’s Reading List:
- The Skimm
- Seth Godin
- This article featuring Anna Gray on Into the Gloss
- More of Some Thoughts on Writing by Patrick Rhone
- The Verge’s coverage of the WWDC Keynote, only because I wanted the highlights as a preview before watching the full keynote tonight with B. (I think I’ve watched every year since 2010.)
- The details about a few more Glossier products I want to add into my routine. I love every product I own from Glossier so far, and I’m excited to try more.
- Re-read my own note of the quote “Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem
- The many tweets and articles about Orlando today.
- A few thoughts on dreams and jobs. For me, right now, they are separate things.
- I thought about the technology I chose to use and how I use it. Last December, I sold my iPad and used the money to help replace my 2009 Macbook Pro. Now, I use just the two devices essential to my life and the work I want to do, my iPhone and my Macbook Pro. For months I’ve been trying to expand what led to this decision and how I use these tools.
- About my feeling of sadness today. Yesterday I was able to distract myself a little by spending more time with B rather than on social media or reading the Sunday news. Today the sadness is inescapable.
I listened to the beginning of a Back to Work episode. And I cycled at the gym for 30 minutes.
Despite my search for something to influence me, I couldn't stick to one message to write about all day.