Since we travelled to OKC last weekend, B and I decided relax and let our plans come together spontaneously.
Being spontaneous has not always been easy for me. Between dance, school and later a part-time job, I’ve always had to keep to a tight schedule. I enjoyed planning each action ahead of time, because I had such little free time. As a young adult, with only a full-time week-day job schedule to adhere to, I’ve found a new love for leaving my weekends free for anything to happen. So far, I have:
- gone to a late movie
- drank coffee and enjoyed reading the Saturday New York Times at Juan Pelota while B cycled on a group ride
- shopped for a hybrid bike (but really I got more excited about the bright colored jerseys)
- swam with new friends and then ate tacos with them on a patio
- cheered from our sofa for the OKC Thunder (and tried to learn more basketball terms)
- slept in and made one our favorite sweet potato breakfast hash for breakfast
I feel relaxed and am enjoying every minute, and we're only half way through the three day weekend.